Thursday, June 27, 2013

Preparing for My First Craft Fair!

In planning how best to approach this new venture it occurred to me... with a business centered around handmade items, what better way to promote my creations then by participating in a craft fair?

Well, my first fair is very quickly approaching and is now only a month away! My mind is now racing on how best to approach the fair. Do I concentrate on having ready made product available for purchase? Do I concentrate more on my custom samples and have less actual inventory on hand? How many "sample" products do I bring? How can I draw enough attention to my table without taking away from my actual products?

My banners and business cards have arrived and with a few more images I'll have a brochure to order. In order to help me decide my focus as far as product to bring to the upcoming show, I'll be posting a couple of polls on my Facebook page. If you could take a moment to answer it would be greatly appreciated!

To thank you for your input and support, I'll be offering $5 off of every order over $50 placed from August 1 to August 10 if you comment below the poll to show you responded!

I'll have more blog entries to come as I prepare, and will also have some product "sneak peeks" on Facebook to show you some of the products you can expect to see at the show. Here in Halifax we have an amazing community of very talented local businesses and artisans, and the fair I am participating in marks the second anniversary of one of those very businesses. It looks like it will be a very fun day for the whole family with games, prizes and face painting too!

Here are the details!


Hope to see lots of faces, familiar and new, at the fair!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to wish you good luck with the fair! and many many new customers!!!

    Sorry, I cannot help with the questions, as I have no clue. I hope you will get a great response on FB and can cater to your followers. To bad I am too far to visit the fair.

    ReplyDelete